Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...

Hi, everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful summer. Mine is sure flying by! I know one thing for certain: I am much busier during the warm months than I am the wintry ones. Even without officially working anymore, there is always so much more to do during warm weather. I keep thinking to myself, "ooh--I'll blog about that!" and--before I know it--the day is already over and done. 

We have finally broken down and hired some people to work on our house. We bought an older home that has required  A LOT of attention (some of it necessary, some of it optional), and my husband and I have finally decided that we just don't have time to keep trying to do it all ourselves. Of course, for my husband, it is hard to finally face the fact that he simply can't do it all--there just isn't enough time in the day! (A fact that he has been furiously fighting to disprove for the past five years or so.) So, instead of plugging along at it for another five years before being finished, we decided to bite the bullet and hire some people to finish it up. This has been going on for a week now, and I'm still trying to get used to strange men being in my house with me...fortunately, I feel pretty comfortable around them.  Still, it's awkward as it is just me and Pippy (our Chihuahua) in the house all day.

Now, the trick is going to be finding furniture that is small enough to actually turn the corner and go up the stairs...we're already finding that our options are looking somewhat limited due to the tight turn. Does anyone know of any company who specializes in furniture that is made for such spaces?

I hope you all have had a great holiday weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Well, sometimes you just need to do what you do and let someone else do what they do to get results! Hear ya on not working meaning LESS time - who does that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took years for my husband to agree to have someone come in and paint our living room. He had always intended to do it himself. Even the very high ceiling! Once the painters came in and took care of everything, he was so glad we finally hired out for it.

    Mary Ellen
    The Working Home Keeper

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...